Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

Now that summer is finally here and so is my newest nephew DAX, Graham and Lana don't see each other on the daily basis they were used to. So every now and then I get a call or make a call so that the poor kids can see each other. Yesterday really woke me up to how truly close they are...
I was reading Lana one of her all time favorite books: "Who Do You Love" and we go through momma, dadda, grandma and then it's the BROTHER page. We started talking about her brothers: Wylie and Dax. And she looks up at me with those big brown eyes and says: "and Dammy too?" Me with tears in my eyes "Yep honey, Dammy too".

I didn't grow up around my cousins. We lived almost 1000 miles away from all family. We saw them a few times a year but the only "family" we had close was the Jeffrey's family that kinda sorta "adopted" us. Funny because they are my husband's family.

So you can imagine what JOY it brings to my heart to see Graham get to grow up with all of his cousins! Instead of seeing them twice a year it's more like twice a week at least!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment