Thursday, February 3, 2011

Terrible Two Tantrums

Most of the time I love nothing more than to brag about all the wonderfully cute things my little boy does but today. well, today is different kind of day. We have officially entered the stage of Terrible Twos I'm afraid. And while he is still really sweet and cute most of the time, those little moments when he isn't can ruin my whole day.
I've tried time outs (for us both)...
Deep breathing.
snacks.
naps.
getting breaks throughout the week by finding him a sitter.
rewards and praise when he is behaving.
Nothing seems to make my life any better when he is having one of those tantrums. Even though I know it will likely be over in 20 minutes time. I can't help but feel completely out of control for that short time. I know it's most likely a stage and we will get through it but GOLLY there are some days I just wanna go in my room and hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment