Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cutting back on spending and social media

After the sermon on Sunday, Martin and I decided to make a few changes in our lives.
1. I want to give up Facebook for a whole month to enable myself to be a better mother and wife. I will continue to share on here when I see fit and will be reachable via home phone 309-564-1045 or text 309-433-6101 or email brrr1984@yahoo.com
Keep in touch with me guys! I wanna make this work!

2. We want to go a whole week with no buying ANYTHING! No gas, no groceries, no cigarettes (Martin), no Starbucks (Brenda).

3. No trips to local grocery store where prices are sometimes double what they are in Bloomington. We will pick up necessities on Sundays after church.

4. No fast food for a month. We will eat out once a week following church.

5. We will GIVE like Jesus gave. I plan to go through the house and rid ourselves of "things".

This will allow us to live more like Jesus lived. To give more. To BE more!

I challenge you all to pick one of these numbers and give it a try in your lives! :)

Stay tuned for a kiddo update!

No comments:

Post a Comment