Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PTL!!!

I always wondered what this abbreviation meant. It will now be a favorite of mine. PRAISE THE LORD!
I owe Him lots of praise this week (as well as every week). My dad, Mark suffered a stroke yesterday morning. My mom and aunt were still in Florida (leaving that morning), after a quick weekend visit with my brother Will, when Will called them at dad's request. They called the ambulance. The stroke was on his left side of his brain, so it affected the right side of his body. He had trouble walking and speaking by the time they reached the hospital. But has since recovered some of that strength back slowly. Today I was able to understand everything he said on the phone, something my brother had reported you couldn't do yesterday. The doctors will most likely release him tomorrow or the next day and expect him to make a full recovery. PTL!!! Continued prayers are needed for his quick recovery, that he may find a way to afford his medications and keep on them, and possibly get medical insurance so that he can continue to visit doctors when needed and stay healthy. I also pray that he can still come home for the holidays as we haven't seen him in over a year now and really miss him.

1 comment:

  1. PTL, huh? Good thing you have learned that phrase!!!

    May God bring him home for the holidays.

    P
    P.S. LOVE your FB posts as well.

    ReplyDelete