Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Small town

Tonight we attended a visitation for a family friend who passed away from a heart attack at the early age of 52. His visitation was like none other Ive ever seen. It was scheduled to be 4 hrs long from 4-8 and we left at 9:30 with around an hrs worth of line still behind us. Now granted there was a lot of family and church goers but still I bet there was well around 1000 people who showed up on this cold rainy night to give their condolences to the family and say their goodbyes to Joe. Which brings me to my point. There were a few outsiders. Who obviously aren't from small towns. At least not ones like El Paso IL. One girl in particular looked a little overwhelmed with the "so and so and I grew up together because our moms used to work together before we born and now his mom works for my father in law and him and my husband were born on the same day" conversations. And that was only the 30 seconds I talked to one of the sons. :)
Another girl who is married into the family works with my sister in law and greets me with a "oh so YOU'RE Graham's mom" haha got to love small towns!
At Graham's Christmas concert- his cheering section for his 10 minute concert included his Dad and Bella and I, his grandma blue, his aunt Tiffany, uncle T dawg, cousins Wylie, Lana and Dax, Pa paw mark, Aunt Mary Beth, his great grandma Roberts, his great aunt Debbie, his great uncle John and great aunt Mindy and cousins Nick and Camilla. That's just who came to see JUST G.
That does not include 4 of my cousins who also have children/nieces in the same pre-k, two aunts of mine, and multiple distant cousins,etc. it's like a family reunion everywhere we go.
Anyway, I am praising God tonight to be from this incredibly small town where everybody knows you in some way shape or form! What an amazing testimony to Joe's life that so many showed up tonight. And how lucky are my children to have so many close by to support their every doing?
Tonight in thankful to live in a small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment