Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ear Muffs

Growing up, we didn't have the best manners, we were all cussers, and were around of a lot of negativity. I have quickly learned that when you have your own children, you begin to try to fix the things in yourself that you don't want to instill them. One of my biggest challenges has been my language. I'm not going to lie. The second is negative and prejudicial thoughts. And I don't mean racial. I am talking judging the book by it's cover type of thing. It has come out of my mouth more than once "Wow look at that WT (White Trash). And that's wrong of me, I don't know their story and I have NO BUSINESS judging them.
So I wonder if anyone else struggles like I do. I find myself praying in my head at night and then being like "ooops I hope HE didn't hear that thought"... Sometimes I actually wish I could tell God "EAR MUFFS" meaning cover your ears because believe me you don't want to hear this. How horrible is that of me?? So last night, as I am laying in bed praying and praying I decided my new prayer for myself is to ask HIM to please help me to be the kind of person HE doesn't need Ear Muffs for.
Will you all pray that prayer for me too? And if you have any prayer requests for yourself or someone else SHOOT! Cause I'm gonna get better at this, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment