Wednesday, April 20, 2011

THIS IS THE STUFF

I had a feeling when I awoke to a heavy footed husband upstairs trying to creep around to get ready for work at 5 am that my day might not go so well. Between loading the 30 lb two year old up in the pouring down rain and soaking my whole backside. Unloading him 20 minutes later at a friends house and soaking myself more. A doctors appointment where I kind of got told (or yelled at) I should be on bedrest but never saying those words. Then coming home with a sleeping baby I lugged upstairs to his room for his nap. I tried laying down myself but after 45 minutes of struggling to get a full breath and feeling my heart racing and having a heavy chest- I called the doctor. I left a message. I took my pulse- it was 120- about two times what a resting pulse should be. I called my husband to get our bp cuff which also takes a pulse from a friends house we loaned it out to. Dr's nurse called back and said if my symptoms hadn't calmed down and my pulse hadn't lowered I should make my first trip to the hospital for this pregnancy. During this phone call in walks my sister in law, niece, nephew and my husband's aunt. I don't think they picked up on it being an important phone call nor my current state of health. They were loud and disrruptive, only upsetting me more. I called my mom to tell her what was up and arrange for her to take Graham. As soon as Martin got home with the bp cuff and I took my pulse which was still 118, we packed up and Tiffany picked up my other nephew who was here and we headed out. My mom met us at the ER where we check in before going up to labor and delivery. By then I had had 3 contractions in about 20 minutes time only adding to my anxiety! They promplty wheel me up, take a urine sample, give my a gorgeous gown to put on and hook me up to all the monitors. We quickly saw I was contracting every 3-4 minutes and that became their priority. I also had a slight fever only making all of my symptoms a little more confusing. I got an IV for fluids, a terbutaline shot and a blood draw for labs all within a matter of minutes. Man they didn't waste time! Lol! The terbutaline stopped contractions almost immediately but made me feel sooo icky! I hate that stuff tho it is a great drug and works wonders! My blood work came back with elevated white blood cells tho my urine came back completely clean. With Graham an UTI was almost always the culprit so I was surprised tho I'd been to the dr earlier and had clean urine there too! So dr ordered iv antibiotics and wanted me monitored for another hr for contractions and then I could go home! And they were prompt with getting me out too! We both had predicted we'd be there until at least 9 and we weren't!
So on the way home my latest favorite song came on our Christian station and I was reminded
"this is the stuff that drives me crazy, this is the stuff that's been getting to me lately,in the middle of my little mess, i forget how big I'm Blessed. This is the stuff that gets under my skin, and I've got to trust U know exactly what UR doing. might not be what i would choose but this is the stuff U use" "so break me of impatience, conquer my frustrations, I've got a new appreciation, its not the end of the world"
Could this apply more to my day? :)
Praise God for protecting us yesterday! And may HE keep reminding me that this is the stuff HE uses.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment