Monday, February 27, 2012

A little dirt never hurt: living life in the moment

I've been trying so hard lately to take each sermon Mike preaches to heart and live it out throughout my life. :) this week we went to E-steps and one of the things we heard/talked about was living life in the moment. It hit home. It's something I have been purposely trying to incorporate into our family life. I once read a blog that has stuck with me on saying trying to eliminate the word no from our vocabularies. And instead saying yes or instead. So having all of these things in mind today when G wasn't going to nap, I said lets go for a walk. It got us all out so we didn't get cranky. The exercise and fresh air combined with sunshine and a quick visit with an aunt refreshed us all and made for a nice evening. Graham wanted to play outside when we got home and I decided to clean up the kitchen while I watched him from the windows and sliding door. He made his way from the play house to the mud pit pretty quickly and instead of stopping him, I let him play. I did take him his boots out so that his feet didn't get so cold and wet. I think this caught him by surprise. :) I need to live like this everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment