Friday, March 2, 2012

The fog has lifted!

So I've weaned off the Zoloft I was on for post partum depression and anxiety. The plan was that I would go on Paxil after weaning but I am feeling so clear headed and no major mood swings or anxiety so far so I am thinking I'm going med free!

When I was on the Zoloft it definitely took the edge off of my anxiety to begin with but then I just started feeling foggy, emotion less and always just barely there. I talked with my doctor about it and at first we both chalked it up to depression and needing the dosage adjusted. So we did that. I got worse so we backed off. Nothing changed so I went back and we decided on a different med altogether. I weaned off and started to feel the fog lift.

Now instead of my son begging me to do crafts, I just have them ready for him at random times. And instead of him whining he want a picnic lunch, I set one up before he gets home. Instead of him asking for cookies, I bake him some fresh every couple of days. I know I'm no Supermom, but it sure feels good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment