Thursday, November 1, 2012

Song of the day- Day 1

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_rR_Rdb1CTE

I hope this link works.

I'm having a rough week. Scratch that. Rough month. scratch that. Rough few months. I'm weary. I need a vacation away from my day to day. I'm sick of cleaning off high chairs, sweeping the floor, changing diapers, disciplining my children, fixing snacks and meals. I just want to clock out for a day or two. I love my family but my weariness leads to crabbiness and no one likes a crabby momma. Scratch that. I have been down right shutting down. I'm beyond getting mad and yelling. That would require I care. Instead I'm zoned out on my phone reading news stories and status updates that only further my exhaustion.


So tonight I'm holed up in my room tonight, reading a book called "Hope for the Weary Mom" and trying to come up with ways I'm going to be more present and happy.


Step One-is deactivating my Facebook account. Deleting my news sites and Pinterest.
Step Two- docking my phone.
Step Three- updating this blog daily with something I'm thankful for a song that has touched me.
Step four- be present. Join in the kids play.
Step five- sing! It's my best mood picker upper. So I'm going to make dance/sing parties a daily thing!


Here's a link for the book. (I hope..)
http://www.hopeforthewearymom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment