Monday, May 3, 2010

Fall Down and Go Boom!


Yesterday we were all gathered at my mom's house. My step-dad's family was here from all over for the funeral today. The kids were behaving and having a good time. Graham decided to sweep, one of his favorite past times... He had his broom, and was sweeping away on grandma's front porch, with at least a dozen adults all around. He got a little too close to the stairs, tripped and rolled down the stairs hitting his head on each one. That sound of his head coming into contact with the concrete made me almost puke! I was screaming and crying right along with him. We scooped him up and he calmed down within 10 minutes but I am still shaken by it. His head just has some bad scrapes and a little bruising but he is fine. But Man, does a fall like that scare mommy half to death!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh my word girl! i get sick thinking about it! lol- joy had her first 'big fall' tonight. i think it hurts US more than them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think it does. We have started leaving the monitor off at night because he is right next door and I can hear him but I was soo freaked out about him going to sleep that night I left it on and watched him on it forever to make sure he was still moving, breathing... It was sooo scary for momma!

    ReplyDelete