Thursday, April 29, 2010

My baby brother is 16




Today my baby brother is 16 today. I remember the day he was born. My parents did not find out the sex beforehand and with two brothers already at home I was dead set on a girl. Obviously, God had other plans. Will was born somewhere around noon on April 29th, 1994 when I was a 4th grader, and I will never forget the phone call at school from my dad telling me it was a boy. I said don't bother coming to get me, I don't want to meet another BOY! I sat on the playground and cried and cried! Another BOY would ruin my life! But when we arrived at the hospital I immediately fell in love. He became "my baby" in many ways. I became a little "mother" to him. I spoiled him rotten and he adored me. I would sometimes pinch his nose when he was sleeping just to wake him so I could play with him. He was an alien looking thing at first but quickly turned into a handsome little thing with blonde hair and blue eyes. He could melt my heart and do no wrong in my eyes.

Fast forward to today. He is sitting in a hospital, trying to figure out life. He will not be getting his license and most likely will still be a sophmore again next year. He has had a really tough time lately but I still remember him as 4 years old asking me to make his favorite breakfast "tream of wheat" (cream of wheat), I still remember his imaginary friends Billy and Jason and how "real" they were! I still remember him parading around the neighborhood with his poop on a stick...

And he still melts my heart. He still can do no wrong in my eyes. He is still my little baby blonde haired blue eyed boy! And I MISS HIM!

I love you William Henry Roberts! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. This is the MOST BEAUTIFUL tribute!
    I just read a fabulous book, "The Boy Who Liked Tornadoes." You might enjoy it...

    Blessings,
    Patti
    If you have a chance, stop by my post, which I didn't get up till late! There a poignant poem by my favorite, Mary Oliver, that shares my angst about the Gulf oil spill...

    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete