Monday, August 9, 2010

cookout excitement over, concert excitement to look forward to!






The cookout is over. The brother is gone... Now what to do?

The cookout was fantastic. We could not have asked for better weather, better food and better company. We had a fabulous time hanging out outside, showing off our new place, and stuffing our faces with delicious cookout food! A run down of some of the things we had to eat:
Grandma's Tater Salad- one bowl with onions and one without (special for me, her # 1 granddaughter)
Patti's (MIL) "Chinese salad" with cabbage and uncooked ramen- requested by Martin
Aunt Cheryl's deviled eggs
My friend Erica's delicious Rhubarb cake (FAVE amongst adults) and mostacoli (sp)
Another friend Billie's Fruit Pizza, complete with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on a sugarcookie with homemade icing- SO FESTIVE!
Kelley's chocolate chip cookies- a FAVORITE amongst the children
Aunt Debbies baked beans
And we can't forget Mary Beth's- cupcakes, butterscotch brownies and sweet tea!
Martin and Marty grilled burgers and hotdogs but with all the sides we didn't hardly need them!

The kids enjoyed riding trikes, being pulled in the wagon, and playing with the Bott's adorable puppy Baxter! We wound down the night by packing up the truck and saying our goodbyes to Will, Travis and Wylie who left for Florida at 5 AM on Sunday.

The troops made it safe and sound to Pa-Paws house! I know Wylie is thrilled to be down there. Travis too, as this is his first time visiting dad down there. Will is staying and I couldn't miss him more already. I was really getting used to haing him around.

The next few weeks hold lots of excitement for me! I am resting lots this week and next because on the 13th- 7 girls and I are going to the state fair in Springfield to see the band Lady Antebellum. And then on the 20th- 6 of us are going on a "sister in law" trip to see Sugarland at the Indiana State Fair and staying the night for shopping on Saturday! I am in GREAT NEED of these girls trips! I can hardly wait.
Over the next few days I should also be recieving the Tupperware, Partylite and books I just ordered. Something more short term to look forward to!

In the meantime, I will be looking forward to hosting many more dinners/cookouts for family and friends here! And they are all very excited that visting us no longer means a hike up 26 stairs!

I should more than mention the talent my 13 yr old cousin Nick has for photography... All of these pictures were taken by him.
Smiles,

2 comments:

  1. SOOO well-written. Will your talents never cease?
    LOVE the phrase about climbing all the stairs to visit y'all.

    Your house is wonderful...as are your family and friends.

    After seeing this list of food, we should'a ditched our earlier commitment!!!
    Pizza, salad & fruit was awfully good, but c'mon. No candle to THIS El Paso clan's grub!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti! I really appreciate your encouragement for my writing. I am RUSTY! But I really enjoy it and hope to continue to do more and more writing now that I FINALLY have a handy dandy laptop!
    I am pretty blessed with family and friends. They can be WILD! LOL! But I LOVE THEM ALL DEARLY!
    The house becomes more and more of a home everyday!
    The food is always like that up here in our "neck of the woods"- everyone has something they are known for! I forgot to mention Tiffany's pickle rolls! They were oh so yummy and take me back to my childhood!
    Pictures coming soon! Check back!

    ReplyDelete