Friday, August 6, 2010

A Mother's Sacrifice

You know all those cute little poems and chain emails about A Mother's sacrifices for her child? Let me tell you about a few of my own.

I should first start by informing you all- I have a 16 yr old "new born". My brother will has been living with us for a couple of weeks. Boy has it been an experience. Not only is he all the usual:smelly, loud at inappropriate times, cranky, lazy, and goofy, but he has also opened my eyes to what is to come with Graham. Let's just say I have been researching boarding schools... J/K. I love the kid and it has been fun to have him here and I will sure miss him when he leaves to go live with our Dad. He has been helpful (with many, many, many pleads and reminders), and goofy (sometimes waaay to late at night, when he is at his best, when all I wanna do is go to bed), and Graham loves having a "big brother" around.

During this tumultuous (but very rewarding) time in our lives I have sacrificed (gladly) many things.

a relationship with my mom (we have yet to agree to disagree)
a giant load of savings to get him down to dad's
a spare bedroom has been turned into what looks like a sight of a natural disaster and quite frankly smells like one too...

Not all sacrifices I make are for him though, more silly ones like realizing today that it was the firs time I had blow dried my hair in weeks... or last night finally getting Graham's room "done"... as well as getting cabinet doors put on, shelves hung, and a few more steps in decorating..

These things all seem so silly and insignificant in the grand scheme of life, because at the end of the day I know that my husband, my child and my baby brother are happy. And I know life will go on without me or my house looking "put together"... without a little more savings in the bank, without that spare bedroom looking neat when people visit...

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are growing in wisdom and honor and in the understanding of sacrifice. As God gave His Son for us, then we surely can give of our time, resources, etc. to others.

    Look forward to meeting your two kids manana!
    Me

    ReplyDelete