Wednesday, August 25, 2010

sometimes the truth hurts...

but you can be sure I will always tell it to you anyway.

sometimes it is too little too late.

some think it is my greatest attribute.

I consider it my biggest weakness.

I don't do it to hurt you but rather to give it to you through my eyes.

I appreciate when people do the same for me.

sometimes I need to hear it like it is.

sometimes you do too.

it's my way of being a good friend.

it's why so many of you call me with your problems.

so don't get mad when I tell it like I see it.

I will be the first to admit I'm not perfect.

but none of us are.

that's why being reminded of our wrong doings make sense.

telling the truth does not always make me feel good.

most of the time it is hard and leaves me sad.

because I would love to sugar coat everything.

and tell you everything you do is great.

but it is simply not the truth.

it doesn't mean I love you less.

it is not so that I feel better.

It is because I know that sometimes you need to hear the truth.

even when it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment