Thursday, April 15, 2010

CAN DO KIDS!

My sister in law confronted me with a opportunity a few months back. She asked me to commit my Wednesday nights to serving the Community Bible Fellowship Church by being a "group leader" for their Bible study for kids! I, of course, gave in and said yes. I am in charge of somewhere between 10-16, 3 and 4 yr olds. There are days when I regret it, I will admit, it's not easy! But let me tell you what keeps me going back Wed after Wed.

The kids remembered and recited 8 out of 15 bible verses the other night!!!! They learn them to the tunes of nursery rhymes. And the verses are sometimes simplified for their age.
One of their favorites:
For God so Loved the World he gave his only Son, For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son. John 3:16- which just so happens to be my favorite of all times!

I can remember singing the song I learned in vacation bible school at their age. For God so Loved the world he gave his only son, that whosoever would believe in Him, shall not perish but would have everlasting life, everlasting life.

Another favorite of mine; This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine! This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, everyday, everyday in every WAAAYYY!
And on a Monday- He gave us the gift of life, and on Tuesday he came down from above, on Wednesday taught us just what to say, on Thursday taught us just how to pray, on Friday he gave us a little more faith, on Saturday he gave us a lot more grace and on a Sunday he gave us the gift of light to let my little light shine!

These little kids remind me in the purest way to let my little light shine!


The singing, dancing and fellowship before we split off into groups absolutely makes my day every time! Seeing their little faces light up when I'm gonna stand on the rock comes on is priceless! I'm gonna stand on the rock, I'm gonna stand on the rock of God's word! I'm gonna try to obey, I'm gonna try to obey, I'm gonna try to obey, obey God's word!
They are teaching me so much about God's word! Most of all that it's never to young to tell everyone about IT!

The best of all is the little dear ones answer almost every question with: JESUS!

I have reflected back on this night and night again as I lay in bed and talk to my Savior. He really is THE answer to everything, isn't HE?

Perhaps the best thing about Wednesday nights is before we all come together as a family and share. Rebbec's and Roberts'! It has become the "tradition" And it is a great time! I sometimes wonder on Wednesday mornings: How am I going to get through this day? But I always end up laying in bed, exhausted, with a big grin on my face at the end of the day. And I always find my self looking forward to next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment