Thursday, April 22, 2010

My child's obsession.



My child is OBSESSED with bottles and lids.

It started with his teething tablets...

Then moved on to his tylenol bottle.

It has now progressed to milk cartons (with a screw off cap), makeup containers, lotions, sunscreen, juice, shampoo, perfume, cleaning products, bubbles, and medications of all sorts just to name a few.

It makes going to Walgreens a JOB! He screams and throws fits and hits and bites and wails to try and get his grimy hands on every bottle in sight.

It makes opening the fridge a nightmare. He wants to closely examine every bottle in the door and take the lid off and put it back on.

It makes trying to get ready with the bathroom door open (which I HAVE to do because I get so hot otherwise) an interesting feat. I have to stand just right in front of the drawers so that he cannot open them and inspect all of my makeup, toothpaste, cortizone cream, etc... He is to the point he RUNS AT FULL SPEED when he hears the bathroom door open... He screams when I slam it in his face right before he reaches it!

I know what you are thinking- get some drawer locks... We have! I just need to have my husband install more of them. But we are moving in a couple of months so why bother now?

My mom insists that his OBSESSION means he will grow up to be an engineer... Me, well I think he is slightly weird.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. It's not always that way though. Have to joke about it or I might go insane. My Mother in law thanked me for being so light hearted about things. She says she thinks its great I can laugh about situations because she never did. She was referring to my son pooping in the bathtub which I thought was pretty hysterical until he did it again this morning. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful he is obsessed with COOL things!!!
    I am betting on the engineer!!!

    Blessings, dear one!!!

    ReplyDelete