Monday, April 5, 2010

Off Duty at 4:10 PM


I am lucky enough to have a husband who works only a mile and half from home. And he works mostly 7:30 to 4. So this past week, after having a few rough weeks behind me, I exclaimed to him one evening: "I AM OFF DUTY AT 4:10 PM. I don't care what you do after that time but the kid is yours!" I was only half serious. I love being a stay at home mom more than anything in the world most days... But some days; poopy diapers, temper tantrums, cleaning stuck on food off the kitchen floor and highchairs multiple times a day and random middle of the day baths when the kids have decided to wear their food rather than eat it, can get to a woman! So when I said this to him I meant chip in whenever you want in the evenings because you may see me sitting here on the couch but really I am off somewhere on a deserted island sipping frozen raspberry margaritas! My husband is an amazing father and husband and does chip in more than your average Joe but sometimes his chipping in causes me so much more work in the end.
For example:
Daddy trying to feed the kid: Kid gets pissed, throws his food all over the floor, himself, etc... Because little does daddy know- kid likes to feed himself (as of yesterday) and he prefers to feed himself with a fork.
Daddy giving kid a bath: Kid splashes water all over the floor and gets lotion everywhere afterwards because little does daddy know- kid loves to grab the lotion and squirt it himself because he is a self described "BIG BOY".
Daddy trying to help change a poopy diaper. Daddy gets frustrated while kid is wiggly and flops diaper on coffee table which in turn flops poopy onto coffee table.
You get my drift? How many of you have wonderful hubby/daddy's at home who make your job a little harder sometimes?
But these things I would not know or be able to enjoy if I were a working mom. So thank goodness for my hubby who works his butt off so I can enjoy poopy diapers, slobbery kisses, and grimy hands all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love it!!!!
    Perfect opener!!!

    Now...if you want the interaction to start, YOU visit other blogs, leave them "massages," find those bloggites that make you hee-haw, cry, think...

    SO...
    when you have time, go to my blog and leave a comment, poke around with some of the other addys.

    Here's a blog I love:
    www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

    Especially go back and read her February post if you want to cry...

    ReplyDelete